Followers

Monday 11 July 2011

My Makeup Story

I got this tag from a beauty blogger called Classy Dea when I stumbled across her blog by accident, as soon as I read her blog post I thought that I NEEDED to do this tag so here goes :)

♥  How old were you when you started wearing makeup? 
i was in the middle of year 9 at school so 13 and a half ish mabee 14, although when i was about 11 or 12 i bought my first ever foundation from £1 land and used to put it on behind my friends garage because i wasnt allowd to wear it. when i first started wearing makeup i used to put it on light on a morning and then add more while i was at school and take it off on my way home from school.... come to think of it i was abit naught :/ wooopssss haha!

♥ How did you get into makeup? 
i started watching makeup videos on youtube and that was when i started learning about brands and things and different ways to apply products. when i first ever put on my makeup i took tips from my mum but now i know more than her it seems strange me giving her the tips!
i used to be obsessed with Panacea81, Xsparkage and Lollipop26 when i first started watching videos and i still watch them now sometimes!

♥ What are some of your favourite brands? 
Revlon (for the colourstay foundation  ♥), MAC, Benefit, BarryM, Soap and Glory, Natural Collection and Max Factor.

 What does make-up mean to you? 
makeup gives me the confidence that i can sometimes lack, it gives me an instant boost and makes me look COMPLEATELY different to how i do without it! i enjoy applying it and experimenting with different products and tecniques.
 
 If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? 
Foundation ( Revlon Colourstay), Eyebrows (Benefit BrowZing), Mascara (Max Factor False Lash Effect) and Cheeks/Lips (Benifit's BeneTint)
 
 What is your favourite thing about makeup? 
My favourite thing about makeup is the confidence it gives you and the ways you can change your look to suit your mood or outfit.
 
 What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 
dont feel like you have to have a massive collection of makeup straight away, get the products your interested in trying or that you feel you need. Dont just watch Youtube videos or read Blogg's and think you need to have a collection as big as that becuase thats not a normal amount of makeup to have. enjoy your own collection and have fun with makeup.
 
 What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
Concealer lips .. aka chapped, cracked, flakey looking lips and trust me, ive done it myself but learned from my mistakes. I have now realised I look 1000 times better with a coloured lip wether its a coral, red or a pink just give it a try and im sure you'll agree.
 
 Who is your style icon? 
Ferne Cotton, Alexa Chung and Pixie Lott.
 
Thanks for reading all, leave a comment of yourself doing this tag or a link for me to have a look at :) xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment